theos-talk.com

[MASTER INDEX] [DATE INDEX] [THREAD INDEX] [SUBJECT INDEX] [AUTHOR INDEX]

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: Theos-World Re: CORRECTION: Can theos-talk look at the world?

Sep 28, 2004 05:58 AM
by Morten N. Olesen


Hallo Pedro and all,

Sorry.
But I fail to see your points.
Try reading my previous email again:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theos-talk/message/19212

My view is, that saying that Politics = Theosophy is a lie.

Saying that we don't have a moderator is partly true and partly a lie. Think
about it.
We are all the moderators and the owner is still the owner. What happens
later on we will know when it happens.
As I said, at least one member has been thrown out from Theos-talk. Although
it is only one.
We I was referring to was, that if we Theos-talk allows clean political
debates - it is against the TS principles. That is what I am saying.
It is bound to damage the theosophical cause.

When you consider Theosophy important you do it from your point of view.
And so do I.

You wrote in the previous email:
"But is theos-talk officially linked with any existing
> Theosophical Society?"

I answered:
" ===> Try to ask Eldon and the forums frontpage logo about that. Eldon? "


And this is where this debate has landed as far as I am concerned.


from
M. Sufilight


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "prmoliveira" <prmoliveira@yahoo.com>
To: <theos-talk@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:40 PM
Subject: Theos-World Re: CORRECTION: Can theos-talk look at the world?


--- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Morten N. Olesen" <global-
theosophy@a...> wrote:


> So it is not so much, what Theos-talk are, but what it aught to be.

Why should the list "aught" to be something? The statement on the
website, imo, is clear enough: "Discussion on topics regarding
Theosophy (or theosophy) and its realization in the modern world."
And isn't political expediency one of the factors in the modern world
that prevent the principles of Theosophy to become a reality in our
global society?

> This is not a new discussion. We had a talk about it here a few
years back.
> And I think the most prelevant view was that politics was allright
> to discuss, but that it had to be related to the Theosophical
teachings !

The word politics comes from the Greek *polites*, "citizen", which in
its turn comes from *polis*, "city". Although its usual meaning today
is 'art and science of government; political affairs or life and
political principles', in its essence politics has to do with
citizens and their relationship with the larger community and,
therefore, with each other. As I see it, this has everything to do
with Theosophy and it (Theosophy) can throw light on how politics
could be conducted for the greater good of all.

> My experience with theosophically-related political debates at
Theos-talk is
> that they have had a tendency to reach a level where theosophy is
not
> considered important, but it is who is merely politically right or
wrong in
> the debate - which has value. It is maybe because the issue
of "corruption"
> has left the debate
> and instead entered the debating parties. And because the missing
moderator
> didn't interfere.

Morten, we don't have a moderator! See below relevant information
from the website. We have an owner of the list who has allowed free
discussion and who, from time to time, shares his views with list
participants.

"Group Settings
 Listed in directory
 Restricted membership
 Unmoderated
 All members may post
 Public archives
 Email attachments are not permitted"


So far I haven't seen any evidence here that Theosophy (or theosophy)
is not important, although there are different views about what it is.


Pedro







Yahoo! Groups Links








[Back to Top]


Theosophy World: Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application