Col. Olcott's Testimony concerning His Encounters with the Masters
Sep 29, 2004 08:17 AM
by Daniel H. Caldwell
Within the last week or two, I have received
several new inquiries from persons interested
in knowing about the primary evidence for
the existence of H.P. Blavatsky's Adept
Below I give 4 accounts by Colonel Henry.
S. Olcott relating his encounters with the Mahatmas:
MORYA COMES ON HORSEBACK TO BOMBAY IN JULY, 1879 TO
MORYA COMES TO BOMBAY ON AUGUST 4, 1880
OLCOTT'S ACCOUNT OF MEETING A MASTER AT THE GOLDEN
TEMPLE IN AMRITSAR ON OCTOBER 26, 1880
OLCOTT'S ACCOUNT OF MEETING MORYA IN CEYLON
IN SEPT. 1881
There are at least five possible explanations of Olcott's
testimony for each encounter:
1. Olcott perhaps was simply lying and the
encounter never actually happened.
2. Olcott was perhaps duped by a confederate hired by
Blavatsky to personate a Master.
3. Olcott was perhaps hypnotized by Blavatsky to see
this "imaginary" adept.
4. Olcott was perhaps under the influence of drugs &
hallucinated the whole experience.
5. Olcott perhaps met a real physical man who was an
See a comparative chart of these and other
For more testimony see:
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application