theos-talk.com

[MASTER INDEX] [DATE INDEX] [THREAD INDEX] [SUBJECT INDEX] [AUTHOR INDEX]

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

RE: Theos-World on our toes

Jan 05, 2003 01:19 PM
by Mic Forster


Hi Dallas,

Thank you for drawing my attention to that post. I
have many emails and unfortunately I do not get a
chance to read them all. I agree with what Morten said
and I was going to bring some of those points up. I
also have an additional comment.

Dallas, you say:
"History as fact is invariable. Apologists later may
seek to explain the supposed motives for choices and
events."

When I studied history back in highschool one common
theme that I kept noticing was that history was
anything but fact. The course of the Cold War with all
the spying, deluding and secrecy going on probably
best exemplifies this point. How can we know for sure
what is fact when the players themselves probably
didn't even know?

However, I suspect that this is not what you mean when
you say that "History as fact is invariable". Do you
mean to say that once history is known, and the
Masters know this history, then ipso facto it must be
invariable? This reminds me of something I read the
other day, I can't remember if it was here or
elsewhere, but a good mathematician can convince
another mathematician that 1 + 1 does not equal 2.
This is the equivalent of a good historian convincing
another historian that Hitler invaded Poland in 1929,
not 1939.

If we are truth seekers then where is the best place
to find truth? In the elementary maths book which
states unequivocally that 1 + 1 = 2 or from a
university professor who states, unequivocally,
otherwise? As you say, Dallas, in your last paragraph,
and I must agree with Morten that this was well
written, "you become the authority for what you
know or have reasoned out. Truth is a common factor,
and is shared and participated in by all -- no
exclusions".

Regards,
Michael Forster


--- dalval14@earthlink.net wrote:
> Jan 5 2002
> 
> Dear Mic:
> 
> Did you see the following? Posted yesterday ?
> 
> Dal
> 
> ----------------------------------
> 
> Jan 4 2003
> 
> Dear Friends:
> 
> 
> The question really revolves about the idea that
> JOINING SOME GROUP,
> SOCIETY, OR CHURCH GIVES A PERSON SOME SPECIAL
> ADVANTAGE
> .
> 
> Theosophy and the Masters of Wisdom have
> demonstrated at every step
> that it is unsectarian and universal in scope. But
> this said, one has
> to set about to prove it.
> 
> Lets start with the proposition that no one owns
> TRUTH.
> 
> History as fact is invariable. Apologists later may
> seek to
> explain the supposed motives for choices and events.
> 
> Theosophy makes only one claim and that is: it
> presents in a
> condensed form the HISTORY of evolution and of the
> qualities and
> potentials that underlie this continuing event.
> 
> Its doctrines are the result of careful
> investigations and resting by
> generations of students and scholars -- so that
> their accuracy might
> only be made available for consideration. ( S D I 
> 272-3)
> 
> Truth is fact and independent of anyone or anything.
> 
> The Masters of WISDOM, by definition, are the most
> advanced students
> and knowers of facts and truths we know of. (S D I
> 272-3 )
> 
> They claim they were present when the evolutionary
> thrust began. They
> also say we were there but we were in relatively
> inexperienced stage
> of our
> development. They state that Nature preserves a
> complete record in
> the AKASA of all the events that they offer, so that
> we may verify
> them when we acquire the power to read in the Akasa.
> 
> All that we know of Theosophy has come though H P B
> as Their
> Messenger. But, we cannot adopt any specific
> attitude unless we,
> through study, are prepared to explain this fully.
> 
> Where do we contact Them? I say: In our own HIGHER
> SELF -- (the 6th
> and 7th Principles -- ATMA and BUDDHI, present in
> every human, as well
> as everywhere, in every being, in every "atom" in
> Nature.)
> This is named the MONAD.
> 
> 
> Every Monad is potentially a "Higher Self" advancing
> as an immortal
> Pilgrim through the experiences of the whole vast
> Universal
> evolutionary
> journey.
> 
> We as humans, one of those Monads, are mid-way. Our
> minds give
> access to the Material and to the Spiritual sides of
> life.
> We are therefore endowed as free-willed beings with
> the capacity to
> choose.
> 
> A study of the virtues and the vices and their
> relation to
> universal law as it operates in nature is essential.
> This is what
> Buddha, Krishna, Jesus, Zoroaster, Hermes,
> Pythagoras, Plato, and all
> great Sages and reformers taught and now teach.
> 
> The clue is that wisdom and true knowledge always
> enlarges and
> universalizes. Any time one finds restrictions made
> or claimed, one
> can be sure that the claims or statements are not
> accurate. The
> nature of the flaw has to be determined by the
> student-enquirer.
> 
> They, the MASTERS, are Universal. And "They" are
> the "property" of no
> creed or sect.
> 
> The (or any) THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY, if it claims to
> be the sole channel
> to the Masters, is in error. No one who proclaims
> this can prove it.
> 
> I would challenge any one to advance written proof
> of the Masters, or
> of H P B, stating, unequivocally, that the
> THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY is
> such a sole channel.
> 
> Many statements are made concerning the value of the
> THEOSOPHICAL
> SOCIETY but mere membership or adherence to it
> gives no one any
> special advantages. This will be found to be the
> basis made for every
> sect or creed -- some special favor or advantage --
> illogical and
> untrue.
> 
> We can demonstrate that for ourselves, if we desire
> to find out by
> reading what They have written. Use the MAHATMA
> LETTERS. Thousands
> of articles and books have been published
> illustrating various
> Theosophical "truths," or "Laws," more or less
> correctly. In the
> final analysis every student decides for themselves
> what is useful and
> true.
> 
> Theosophy like mathematics has a logic that runs
> through it and makes
> it coherent -- we have to seek that and apply it to
> anything we read
> or study. But we have to do the work using our
> Higher Principles and
> Higher Mind in that work.
> 
> If you take my assurance as correct, then you can be
> making the error
> of choosing me as an :"authority." I am not. I
> merely say you can
> find out for yourself. Then, you become the
> authority for what you
> know or have reasoned out. Truth is a common
> factor, and is shared
> and participated in by all -- no exclusions. None of
> us are in any
> better position by mere membership..
> 
> Theosophy is self-proving, and the Masters
> demonstrate this in
> everything they have written.
> 
> Best wishes,
> 
> Dallas.
> 
> ====================================
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mic
> Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:29 PM
> To:
> Subject: Be on our toes
> 
> 
> --- "Daniel H. Caldwell
> <info@blavatskyarchives.com>"
> 
> >  There Is No Religion Higher Than Truth:
> > Developments in The
> > Theosophical Society by E.L. Gardner
> > http://www.theosophical.ca/NoReligion.htm
> >
> 
> 
> The above link which Daniel recently posted is where
> the below quote was obtained from.
> 
> "The Ancient Wisdom Stands
> 
=== message truncated ===


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com


[Back to Top]


Theosophy World: Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application