|[MASTER INDEX] [DATE INDEX] [THREAD INDEX] [SUBJECT INDEX] [AUTHOR INDEX]|
|[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]|
Oct 18, 2000 10:26 AM
In a message dated 10/18/00 10:04:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
<< My understanding is that both Hitler and Stalin were personalities of
Initiates of high standing in the Black Lodge. >>
I have it on high authority that they were not, but it made for a good prank
to let people think they were.
Chuck the HereticThis one, I am with you Mr Heretic.
There are 2 reasons why I think Hitler should not be a closed chapter for future generations.
1. Truth should not be distorted, however good your motive might be to re-write history in twisted form, the twist accumulates more puzzles and later explodes into a much bigger problem than it originally was. And such a little-big explosion is very likely happen very soon. I do watch politics too.
2. It is the thought that counts. What is done or how is done is important in assessment of an individual's deeds. But Why is done is also. If someone shoots me on my face because he dislikes me, I am supposed to hate him. But, if someone saves me from death, only because I am useful to him and later uses me by decieving me, obscuring his selfish motives, and manages to keep on fooling me, while he remains "noble in appearance", should I like him? (please, these discussions are all hypothetical, personally I still love everyone)
It is the thought that counts, let me present an example, a scientist invents a GM crop that will solve the problems of the starving world, good deed; he gets a Peace prize, but deep inside.. his only motive(s) might have been,
1. He was trying to impress the female lab assistant whom he wanted to conquer.
2. He wanted to beat a riva,l whom he hated at the competition of the invention
3. He wanted a new product to establish an empire of trade, (that is why he restricted the crop with a patent-right)
4. He was given lot of money by industrialists/Govt., as they wanted him to create a GM crop so the industries could have more space to build upon.
Judge most of the big names of history with that view, and our CIVIL-ization foundation is shaken.
I hope we are still all being chatty.. If someone is getting hairs-up,
I wish to pull back from such threads.