Nov 17, 2001 12:50 PM
by Blavatsky Archives
Brigitte, you wrote:
"However theosophists should go outside there limited source of
litterature, and inform themselve of current day scientific,
including for Daniel sincere parapsychological research of a recent
date I think."
Below are some excellent titles & sources that summarize "sincere
parapsychological research" as well as related topics and
information. I recommend these to both theosophists as well as to
open-minded skeptics of the paranormal.
(1) THE CONSCIOUS UNIVERSE: The Scientific Truth of Psychic
Phenomena by Dean Radin. See especially Chapter 13, "A Field Guide
(2) PARAPSYCHOLOGY: The Controversial Science by Richard S.
Broughton. See especially Chapter 4, "Why Does the Controversy
(3) WHERE REINCARNATION AND BIOLOGY INTERSECT by Ian Stevenson. See
especially Chapter 15, "The Interpretations of Birthmarks Related to
(4) PARAPSYCHOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY AND SPIRITUALITY: A Postmodern
Exploration by David Ray Griffin. See especially Chapter 2, "White
Crows Abounding: Evidence for the Paranormal."
(5) THE LIMITS OF INFLUENCE: Psychokinesis and the Philosophy of
Science. Revised ed. by Stephen E. Braude. See especially Chapter
1, "The Importance of Non-Experimetnal Evidence."
(6)THE HIDDEN POWER by Brian Inglis. Deals with scientism and the
attitudes of scientists towards paranormal phenomena. Out-of-print
but available through interlibrary loan.
(7) DEATH AND PERSONAL SURVIVAL: The Evidence for Life after Death
by Robert F. Almeder. Out-of-print but available through
(9)The Parapsychological Association
(10) List of other important parapsychology organizations and
Daniel H. Caldwell
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application